Care for very dry skin
How does very dry skin occur?
External factors can also cause very dry skin to develop. This includes cold, heat, sunlight, excessive contact with water, a poor diet or a lack of moisture.
Many people suffer from very dry skin especially during the winter months, as the cold deprives the skin of moisture. On top of that, the sebaceous glands produce less sebum in winter. This drying out is then worsened by dry air from heating systems.
You should therefore give your skin plenty of attention during the winter months and pamper dry and very dry skin with a moisturising care cream. Find out more about the reasons for dry skin here.
Caring properly for dry hands
Rich care for very dry skin
Everyday simple and effective care tips for very dry skin
- Don’t shower or spend too long in the bath in water that is too hot – 32 degrees is a good water temperature.
- Cleanse your skin in the shower with care products developed for very dry skin such as NIVEA Creme Sensitive Cream Shower or Natural Oil Shower Oil.
- Make sure to moisturise on a daily basis with the best moisturiser for very dry skin. Rub in plenty of cream on especially dry skin areas such as the elbows, knees and shins, and let the cream absorb fully before you get dressed.
- Always rub a hand cream onto your hands after you wash them. Hand creams with macadamia oil are absorbed quickly and provide very dry skin with intensive care.
- Set up air humidifiers during the winter months. Recommended air humidity in internal rooms should ideally be between 50 and 70 per cent.
Well-being for very dry skin
Introduce new rituals to your daily care routine: Rub in a rich body lotion such as NIVEA Pure & Natural Body Milk or NIVEA Nourishing Body Milk before going to sleep. The skin regenerates extra quickly while you are sleeping. This allows the care cream to take full effect.
Care for areas of dry skin such as hands, elbows or knees several times a day with a cream developed specially for very dry skin.
Find out more about dry skin and how to care for it here.