Cellulite: The facts
What is cellulite and what’s it caused by?
Although the formation of cellulite is natural process and won’t harm you, a lot of women don’t like the way it looks and want to get rid of it or at least minimise its appearance.
It's sometimes difficult to know what causes cellulite, as there are often different factors involved, including:
- An unhealthy diet
- A slow metabolism
- Not being physically active enough
- Changes in hormone levels
- Having a high body fat percentage
- Certain genetic make-ups
How your lifestyle can affect your cellulite
A high-stress lifestyle has been proven to increase the compounds associated with the development of cellulite, whereas exercising regularly and eating healthily can help to make cellulite less noticeable and even prevent it in some cases.
Who is more at risk of cellulite?
- People with a family history of cellulite
- People with an inactive lifestyle
- Pregnant women
- Older people, as the skin tends to lose some of its elasticity
- People that are overweight
Tips for improving the appearance of cellulite
What products can I use to improve the appearance of cellulite on thighs?
Although nobody has invented a cream to make cellulite instantly vanish, by taking care of your skin by moisturising and exfoliating regularly, you can help to make it less noticeable.Thoroughly exfoliating the affected area once or twice a week using a good scrub like NIVEA Smooth Sensation Body Scrub will encourage skin cell renewal and remove any dead cells that may be accentuating the appearance of the cellulite.
In addition, keeping the skin moisturised and hydrated using a nourishing body moisturiser like NIVEA Smooth Sensation Body Milk will help to keep the skin’s surface smooth and make the dimpling less noticeable.
5 toning exercises for cellulite
4 easy ways to reduce the appearance of cellulite
- Use a dry body brush to boost circulation
- Drink a lot of water to keep yourself and your skin cells as hydrated as possible
- Relax – de-stressing has been proven to have an impact on your cellulite
- Use a product that targets the appearance of cellulite like NIVEA Firming Cellulite Gel-Cream to smooth and tone the skin – see results in just two weeks!